The Northern California Percussion Alliance (NCPA) Championships is this Saturday (4/4/2015). Logan is proud to be hosting this event again and it will be our last big competition show for this school year. The show begins at 2:15 PM and ends with awards at 8:32 PM. The full schedule and list of performers is available in the links below.
As usual for an event of this size and importance, we are putting out a call for volunteers. It is you, our Band and Color Guard Boosters, who make these events a success. Please look for an email message from VolunteerSpot and follow the directions to sign up for one (or more) of the available positions. They include:
- Parking lots – Provide parking directions to arriving percussion units
- Crosswalk – Ensure a safe crossing between the parking lot and the Pavilion
- Check-in – Welcome the guard directors, provide information and directions
- Entries and exits – Collect tickets, direct and sequence percussion units to their performance
- Snack bar – Sell snacks and drinks, cook and prepare hot foods
- Hospitality – Staff the hospitality suite for judges and directors
- First-aid – It's all fun and games until someone breaks a nail
- Student volunteers – Run materials to judges, fill in where needed (community service hours)
If you have not received a VolunteerSpot message and want to volunteer, please contact Alisha at "firstname.lastname@example.org" for more information.
Our Hospitality Suite is also in need of food donations. The suite is available to the judges and directors and it is a place where they can rest and enjoy some food and refreshments during their breaks. Logan is known for the best in hospitality so please help us uphold this tradition by sharing some of your favorite foods and dishes with our visiting guests. Here are some examples:
- Hot food items for dinner (e.g.: pancit, sushi bake, any favorite hot food items, etc.)
- Finger foods and desserts (e.g.: lumpia, shrimp balls, samosa, tempura, wraps, cookies, cakes, brownies, fruit salad, etc.)
- Snacks (e.g.: peanut M&M's, chocolate bars, etc.)
- Drinks (e.g., water and soda, etc.)
If you are donating food or drinks, please contact Gigi at "email@example.com" in advance and let her know what you will be bringing.
Thanks in advance for everyone participation!
NCPA Championships Schedule and List of Performers
Northern California Percussion Alliance website